The surgery team at Carolina Animal Specialty & Emergency Hospital performs a wide range of small animal orthopedic, soft tissue, oncologic, and emergency procedures.
We pride ourselves on providing an above the standard-of-care approach for each of our patients. This is done while always keeping the goals of pet owners in mind.
We communicate promptly with your primary veterinarian shortly after consultation or surgery, to keep them updated with the status of your pet throughout the entire process.Our goal is to exceed your expectations by providing thorough and compassionate care, while giving you the peace of mind you need during a stressful time.
Surgery expertise with 24-hour care
Recovery is an essential part of any patient’s care, and our highly-trained technical staff continuously monitor your pet's anesthesia and post-operative care. Our surgical team works closely with you and your family veterinarian to achieve a successful surgical outcome for your pet.
Here’s what you can expect for your pet's surgery at our hospital:
- Expert consultation with board-certified specialists
- 24-hour care
- Specialized equipment not available in general practice
- Special surgical expertise
- Access to other specialists where appropriate
We understand that surgery is a stressful time for you and your pet. Our team is here to offer compassion, skill, and expertise.
How to schedule surgery with our hospital
Please have your veterinarian call to arrange the referral of your pet to our surgery service. We can schedule a consultation with one of our veterinary surgeons to assess your pet's case. In an emergency situation, pets can be seen through our 24-hour emergency service and then scheduled for a consultation with our surgery team.
For new clients
- Once we receive a referral from your veterinarian, we will contact you to schedule a consultation appointment with our surgeon.
- Your pet will then be assessed in a consultation with our surgeon.
- The surgeon will discuss a treatment and diagnostic plan for your pet with you.
- You’ll be given an estimate for the most optimal treatment plan for your pet.
- Surgery will then be scheduled based on the recommendations of our surgeon.
For referring veterinarians
Please contact our hospital or fill out the online form for your patient that needs a surgical consultation. Thank you for your referral.